Sunday, November 18, 2007

High on a Mountain Top


High on a Mountain Top, originally uploaded by bikerphoto.

Going back in time to 2006, this is a picture from an 8-day trip. We touched Maryland, WV, VA, NC, and TN.. It was a 2000 mile trip with lots of varied riding on freeways, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and in the urban area of Charlotte. The best part was the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you have never ridden it, you should.

Eight days, and only one day of rain -- the last day on the final ride getting home. It POURED all day. Luckily I had dropped my wife in WV, and she was driving her car. I rode that last 300 miles in heavy rain.

On the day I took this photo, it was about 65 degrees at this elevation. Later that day, we ended up in Charlotte, NC where it was 95. When on the Blue Ridge Parkway it seems that the world is not overcrowded. There is never much traffic up there. I think the BRP is a well kept secret. Shhh....let's not tell anyone, so we can have it all to ourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been there....beeeeautiiifulll. You're killin' me.
Nice pic.