Friday, December 7, 2007

Rented Roadking


Rented Roadking, originally uploaded by bikerphoto.

In 2004 we took a trip to Sedona, AZ. My wife, my kids and me. While there I rented this Roadking. I had sold my motorcycle when my son was about 3. My son barely remembered me having a bike when he was a baby, and my daughter did not remember her dad as a motorcycle rider at all. So i decided to rent this Harley and take them riding. Needless to say, it wasn't long until I got another bike of my own. I had always known I would get another bike. The kids were little, and I had no time to ride. But now things had changed. They were growing up. It wasn't long after renting this Roadking that I went out to buy my Kawasaki Nomad.

In Sedona, I spent the day riding up Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff. There I got caught in a thunderstrom. Arizona highway 89 is one of the top ten scenic drives in the US. Then I rode it out in the desert to Jerome, AZ. Jerome is literally on a mountainside, a very interesting place.

Since it is 33 degrees with sleet today I dug out this old picture from a ride in a warmer place and time. Next week the temperature might hit 60. I plan to pick the warmest day of the week and take the afternoon off to go for a ride.

2 comments:

Conchscooter said...

always did like the road king- the nicest of the harleys. i like the desert too except for that nasty cold air at night.

Biker Betty said...

I rode some in my high school days and when I joined the Air Force I didn't get any chance to take it up for manyyyyy years. I guess it was 3 years ago my husband and I decided to take the MSF course and once we passed it we went and each got a used motorcycle - and the rest is history, lol. We did wait till our two boys were much older. Once you ride a motorcycle, it's hard to get out of your system, but who wants to.